Build your own LEGO® MINDSTORMS® robot to solve the Rubik's Cube®...
How to build MindCuber for LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT 2.0
Building instructions for LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT 2.0 are available as a
on the LEGO MINDSTORMS website
Download instructions and latest software: (right click and "Save link as...")
Version v2.0 of the program has a number of enhancements over the original version published for the NXT 2.0 on the LEGO MINDSTORMS site:
- distinguishes between scan error and impossible to solve cube
- color sensor calibration data is saved to file on the NXT and reloaded whenever the program is run
- red/orange discrimination is improved
- motor control is improved to remove pauses
The software for MindCuber is provided as an executable software file that
you can download to the NXT brick using the standard LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT
2.0 software by following these steps:
- Select “Remote Control” from the “Tools” menu to open the “Remote Control” dialog
- Select “Connections” from the “Remote Control” dialog to open the connection dialog
- Scan for your NXT and connect via USB or Bluetooth in the usual way
- Select the “Memory” tab in the connection dialog
- Select “Download” from the “Memory” tab and use the file dialog to select the
MindCuber.rxe file to download to the NXT
MindCuber is now ready to go!
This video shows a slightly different method that works with older versions
of the LEGO MINDSTORMS NXT software:
2. Troubleshooting Tips
for MindCuber troubleshooting tips.
Like MindCuber on
to share your experiences and help each other with troubleshooting.
See more LEGO robot Rubik's Cube solvers at youtube.com/IAssemble and youtube.com/ARMflix
Copyright © 2013-2015 David Gilday
LEGO and MINDSTORMS are trademarks of the LEGO Group
Disclaimer: thoughts and opinions expressed here are my own
Rubik's Cube is a trademark of Seven Towns Limited